Slovenian government presses on with Telkom sale plans

09 June 2014 | Kavit Majithia


The Slovenian government has invited investors to bid for the country’s largest operator, Telkom, according to state investment fund SOD.

A number of strategic and financial investors have made unbinding bids, according to the fund, but no further details have been disclosed.

Telkom has a market capitalisation of approximately €947.6 million, and any sale of the company is expected at the end of the year.

Private investors already hold 27.25% of the company, with the government and state-owned companies now looking to divest the remaining 72.75%.

Despite a recent change in prime minister in the country, the sale is still expected to proceed on schedule.

It is reported that both Deutsche Telkom and Telenor could be interested in the acquisition.