The UAE leads the arab world in ADSL penetration
01 January 2010 |
Cementing its stance as the Arab world’s internet leader, the United Arab Emirates’ ADSL penetration reached about 11% by the end of 2008.
Internet accounts penetration of total population increased from 20% by end of 2007 to an estimated 25% by the end of 2008. ADSL/broadband accounts penetration of total population reached around 11% by end of 2008. By the end of October 2008, Etisalat’s ADSL accounts constituted around 36% of the operator’s total fixed lines, according to Arab Advisors.
The period from 2003 to 2008 was very fruitful for the UAE in terms of accounts and users. The Arab Advisors Group projects the growth to continue from 2008 to 2012. Much of the new growth will be in ADSL/broadband accounts as dial-up subscribers upgrade to using ADSL or new customers adopt broadband service. The Arab Advisors Group believes that as Du expands its coverage areas, an increase in competition will result, bringing down ADSL rates and causing a substantial churn from dial-up to ADSL service.
27 April 2018 | Editorial
27 April 2018 | Alan Burkitt-Gray
09 March 2018 |
03 January 2018 | Editorial