Sterlite buys UK designer and builder of hyperscale data centres

Sterlite buys UK designer and builder of hyperscale data centres

Anand Agarwal STL.jpg

Mumbai-based fibre and wireless networking company Sterlite has bought a UK company that designs and deploys large data centres.

Impact Data Solutions (IDS) specialises in data centre network infrastructure design and deployment, said Sterlite.

“The massive growth in data transmission and high bandwidth applications are driving a large need for edge compute and localised data centre, which makes this an extremely attractive space for investment,” said Anand Agarwal (pictured), group CEO of Sterlite – also known as STL.

Ben Parker, CEO of IDS, said: “Joining the STL global platform will enable us to fast-track our expansion with the quality, scale and breadth of competencies needed to meet our customers’ complex design and deployment requirements.”

STL said the privately held IDS group is a niche solution provider of design and deployment offerings for hyperscale data centres. IDS is a key partner to two of the top four global cloud companies for their data centre connectivity needs – with one relationship extending continuously for the last 10 years.

The £12 million transaction is structured to acquire an eventual 100%. STL has acquired just 80% at first, with the remaining 20% to be acquired based on an earn-out model over the next few years.

STL said the acquisition solidifies its position in the cloud and data centre market and brings access to two of the top global cloud providers into its customer pool.

“It is our endeavour to be more and more relevant to our customers’ data network creation needs across the globe,” said Agarwal. “Ben and team have established IDS to be a very strong contender in this space, making this acquisition extremely well aligned to our stated strategy of strengthening our solutions to our cloud provider customer segment, and taking our network services business global.”


Gift this article