Turkcell considers Lebanon tender

Turkcell is considering its participation in a tender for the management of state-owned mobile networks in Lebanon, the company said in a statement.

The mobile operator said it was conducting a “preliminary review” of the tender, but “no board of director’s decision has been taken” as yet.

The statement added that Turkcell “regularly monitors and evaluates investment opportunities in the region”.

Lebanon has two operators, Touch (Zain) which holds a 52% market share, and Alfa which holds the remaining 48%.

Last month, Lebanese telecoms minister Boutrous Harb revealed a plan for the deployment of high-speed fibre-optic broadband infrastructure in the country by 2020.


We use cookies to provide a personalized site experience.
By continuing to use & browse the site you agree to our Privacy Policy.
I agree