Entries for 2020 are now open and are free to enter. You may submit your entry for more than one awards however ensure you tailor your entry to the specific awards critera. The deadline date for nominations is 5 August 2020.
The Awards are judged independently by a panel of leading figures from across the telecoms industry invited by the Editor-in-Chief of Capacity. Judges will assess and score the submissions individually. All judges scores will then be combined and the highest scoring entries will determine the shortlists, with the winners announced on the evening of Wednesday 21 October 2020. All submissions are assessed solely based on the published criteria and graded using a weighted points system to ensure consistency, depth of analysis and rigour.
The awards in this category will reward the most ingenious and visionary projects in each region of the world. An accolade will be awarded to projects that stands out for its impressive uniqueness in Subsea, Terrestrial and Satellite.
1. Project of the Year – Terrestrial networks
2. Project of the Year – Subsea networks
3. Project of the Year - Satellite - NEW
4. Best European Project
5. Best Africa Project
6. Best Middle Eastern Project
7. Best Asian Project
8. Best Americas ProjectNominate Now
Best Marketing/Sales Team
The awards in this category will recognise creative efforts by some of the best sales and marketing teams, highlighting the biggest achievements of the year.
1. Best Marketing Team
2. Best Marketing Campaign
3. Best Social Media Campaign
4. Best Wholesale Sales TeamNominate Now
Best Technology Implementation/Deployment
The awards in this category will highlight the most significant deployments across 5G, OSS/BSS and SDN/NFV looking at the disrupters and game changers across each technology.
1. Best 5G Deployment
2. Best SDN/NFV Deployment
3. Best OSS/BSS DeploymentNominate Now
The awards in this category will reward the spirit of innovation and technical, technological and service improvements that bring real added value to our connected marketplace
1. Wholesale Innovation Disruptor of the Year
2. Best Voice Service Innovation
3. Best Data Service Innovation
4. Best Network Technology Innovation
5. Best Anti-Fraud Innovation
6. Best Subsea Innovation
7. Best Cloud Innovation
8. Best OTT Partnership
9. Best Blockchain Innovation
10. Best IoT Initiative
11. Best IPX ServicesNominate Now
This special category recognises initiatives that are changing the world in the environmental, societal, state and government spheres, in strategic M&A, financial, legal and consulting. Judges will also be presenting the best initiative in implementing measures to promote diversity and inclusiveness and the best Covid-19 initiative put into motion during what has been a once in a lifetime call for action.
1. Best Strategic Acquisition
2. Best Environmental, Social, Governmental (ESG) Initiative – formerly CSR Initiative
3. Best Acquisition Partner – Banking/Legal/Consultancy
4. Best Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) Initiative
5. Best Covid-19 InitiativeNominate Now
Best Global/Regional Wholesale Carrier
The awards in this category will be given to the companies with the most dynamic performance within the Voice and Data ecosphere.
1. Best Pan-European wholesale carrier
2. Best Eastern European / CIS wholesale carrier
3. Best African wholesale carrier
4. Best Middle East wholesale carrier
5. Best Asian wholesale carrier
6. Best North American wholesale carrier
7. Best Latin American wholesale carrier
8. Best Caribbean wholesale carrier
9. Best Global wholesale carrier – VOICE
10. Best Global wholesale carrier – DATANominate Now
Best Data Centre & Internet Exchange
1. Best Data Centre
2. Best Internet ExchangeNominate Now
Best Data Centre & Internet Exchange Innovation
1. Best Data Centre Innovation
2. Best Internet Exchange InnovationNominate Now
Capacity Media (a division of Euromoney Global) will be collecting and using the personal data from submissions for the purpose of considering the submission/entry for the Global Carrier Awards 2020. The personal data will be passed to external third party judges via an online portal for the purposes of the judging process and/or the sale of tables/sponsorship in connection with the Global Carrier Awards 2020.
All of our judges agree to NDA ahead of the judging in July therefore all materials and information submitted will remain confidential and are not disclosed to any party now or in the future. Judges will declare any potential conflicts of interest when the judging process begins. Winning entries may be used in post-event materials to promote best practice, however permission will be sought from entrants before publishing these.