Capacity Europe: Agenda
Capacity Europe 2019
29-31 October 2019 | United Kingdom London
BREAKFAST BRIEFING: WOMEN IN TELCO AND TECH
This breakfast briefing is for men and women who are looking to join the conversation on how to encourage and nurture diversity within the telecoms sector.
CONFERENCE OPENING REMARKS
KEYNOTE: WHAT DOES THE FUTURE CITY LOOK LIKE?
The telecoms industry is building the backbone technology that will power our future cities. Smart cities already exist, with solutions being deployed in hundreds of cities and towns globally, but what do the next generation of cities look like? Hear from a leading smart cities expert who will discuss:
• Why telecommunications has the key to building the city of the future and transforming global interconnectivity
• How traditional network architectures need to be optimised in order to scale in a digital era
• Understanding the value and returns of investing in the design of a digital city
• Ensuring fundamental network security and why this is vital to all connectivity projects
• Case studies exploring the projects already in action around the globe
KEYNOTE: FUTURE-PROOFING YOUR NETWORK: AI AND NETWORK AUTOMATION
As telecommunications providers transform into digital services, we take a look at how are they bridging the gap to provide their customers with seamless connectivity, whilst ensuring the security of the network in an environment of ever increasing speed.
• What is the state of play with AI in the EU wholesale telecommunications market place?
• In a high-tech and constantly evolving landscape, how are carriers utilising AI and machine learning?
• How are providers ensuring their networks remain resiliently secure in the face of constant, coordinated and cyber-attacks?
• What is driving network automation and what is the rate of change?
CAPACITY EUROPE 2019 LIVE DELEGATE SURVEY WITH SLI.DO
KEYNOTE CARRIER INNOVATION EXCHANGE
The inaugural carrier innovation exchange replaces the popular Big Carrier Debate and will see some of the most senior players in the industry giving their views on the latest technology trends and offerings in the market. As the wholesale market is facing pressure to innovate to stay at the top of the game, our experts will demonstrate what their priorities are as they look to the future. The session will also bring out any common themes among carrier innovation efforts.
WHAT DOES SD-WAN MEAN FOR THE GLOBAL CONNECTIVITY MARKET?
• Unleashing business agility through SD-WAN whilst simultaneously reducing costs
• Success stories from SD-WAN users where it has already been rolled out in their global network
• How do you see global network vendors coping with SDN? Winner and losers?
• Understanding customer demand: why is SDN now a necessary component?
DECRYPTING SUBSCRIBERS DNA TO OPTIMISE LIFESTYLE VALUE
Subscriber expectations are growing and businesses are looking to demonstrate a deeper understanding of their client’s motivation, needs and interests. As organisations rethink their business models and their interaction with subscribers, data is at the core of these interactions. In this talk we will explore how organisations are already taking advantage of their data and creating new rich subscriber experiences.
CLOUD PROVIDERS AND AI
BLOCKCHAIN FOR CSPs
The panel looks at the blockchain solutions that will transform inter-service relationships globally. With systems already in place the session will cover success stories, operational challenges, problems with the perception of blockchain as a whole and will tackle the next steps necessary in order to make blockchain in wholesale fully functional.
STATE OF THE INDUSTRY REPORT
Capacity Media's State of the Industry Report 2019 provides an exclusive statistical and strategic benchmark look at the current state of the wholesale carrier industry and what the future areas of opportunity are. Based on results from delegates surveyed at International Telecoms Week (ITW), the State of the Industry Report includes highly-valuable insights into what’s hot or not in the industry, what are the biggest challenges, and what the most profitable strategic priorities of investment are at the moment.
KEYNOTE INTERVIEW: A NEW AGE IN CONTENT DELIVERY
KEYNOTE PANEL: THE NEXT NETWORK PROFESSIONAL
In this session, we will discuss how and where we see the pipeline of the next generation of network professionals being cultivated and the skills we seek as leaders in our teams. Not only will we talk about tech skills, but we’ll also talk about the importance of developing soft skills such as empathy, inclusion, and allyship. We will touch on themes such as early STEM education, continuing education, mentor ship, and diversity and inclusion. We’ll discuss how and why those are important to building world class network organizations.
PANEL: AFRICAN MARKETS FOCUS AND NEW GLOBAL OPPORTUNITIES
• Mobile connectivity growth and its impact on African markets
• How are telecom companies adapting to the dynamic and fast paced change across the continent?
• Where are the newest opportunities for global companies in Africa?
• What issues are being seen by companies entering new markets in 2019?
• How can global brands partner with local companies to deliver the best experiences for customers?
DISCOVER NEOM: AN ENTIRE NEW LAND, PURPOSE-BUILT FOR A NEW WAY OF LIVING
‘The world’s most ambitious project’ NEOM is the world’s first independent international zone, located in North-Western Saudi Arabia and including territory from Egypt and Jordan. The region will incorporate smart city technologies and present new opportunities to almost every industry across the globe. We explore the plans for the mega project and the opportunities available to the telecoms industry to get involved
PANEL: THE FUTURE OF SUBSEA CONNECTIVITY
• How is the subsea industry coping with increasing demand for capacity; where are the geographic pain-points that are need to be made a priority for development?
• Emerging markets for the subsea sector: focus on Angola
• What does the next decade look like for capacity wholesale?
• How is technology helping the subsea cable community secure their networks?
PANEL: SUBSEA PROJECTS 101 - RISKS, CHALLENGES AND BEST PRACTICES
• Today's Subsea landscape & predictions for the next 12 to 24 months
• Architecting new systems for the future from branching unit selection, back haul, to landing points/ parties & partners. Best practices on getting it right.
• Coordination & Collaboration between the older system with assets & the new systems. Does it happen? How much can be repurposed?
• How does the transition take place for customers from retiring systems to the new cables? What can we expect when all the new capacity goes online?
• Aside from the OTT's who might we expect to drive future demand? Research, Media, Government, Financial or who?
- CYBER SECURITY
- WOMEN IN SUBSEA
- DESIGNING INDUSTRY STANDARDS
- IOT CHALLENGES
- MOBILE MONEY
- GLF NETWORK SECURITY
- EXPANSION OF DATA CENTRES
- TRAINING @ CAPACITY: HELPING YOU PREPARE FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT MEETING
- TRAINING @ CAPACITY: HOW TO MARKET YOURSELF BETTER AT EVENTS
- CABLE CASE STUDIES
- BLOCKCHAIN PARTNERSHIPS
- REGIONAL CARRIER UPDATES
o NORTH AMERICA
o SOUTH AMERICA
o MIDDLE EAST