Subsea EMEA: Agenda
Subsea EMEA 2019
08-10 July 2019 | France Marseille
Welcome by Capacity Media
THE CHANGING PIECES OF THE SUBSEA CONSORTIUM PUZZLE – HOW IS THE PARTNERSHIP MODEL SET TO EVOLVE?
- How are consortium models having to evolve and innovate as the demands put upon them change?
- As content & cloud providers continue to invest in new subsea projects, how are their partnerships with the traditional carrier developing?
- Consortium vs. Private – how do the opportunities and challenges differ between the two models?
- With Facebook announcing the launch of their wholesale carrier subsidiary, how is this expected to alter the way content providers are viewed by the subsea cable community?
- Is the balance changing in the consortium model in respect to partners who bring assets to the project and those who bring expertise?
THE NORDICS – WHAT IS FUELLING THE REGIONS SUBSEA CONNECTIVITY TO GROW AT A RATE OF KNOTS?
- Identifying the new & diverse submarine fibre infrastructure projects in and around the Nordics
- How is the region benefitting from new international subsea cables landing in the North Atlantic?
- How are changes in taxation & regulation helping to aid the favourable investment environment in the region?
- How are existing & new entrants in the data centre space going to help optimise the new subsea networks in the North Atlantic?
- How is competitively priced energy in the Nordics fuelling data centre expansion?
CABLE UPDATES ON NEW SYSTEMS COMING INTO OPERATION IN THE NORDICS
11:30 CASE STUDY 1: CELTIC NORSE
Erling Aronsveen, International Sales Director, NORDAVIND DC SITES
11:40 CASE STUDY 2: NORTH SEA CONNECT
Chris Bayly, CCO, AQUA COMMS
11:50 CASE STUDY 3: SKAGENFIBER EAST & WEST
Geir Holmer, CEO, SKAGENFIBER
12:00 CASE STUDY 4: EASTERN LIGHT
Fredrik Hane, Co-Founder, EASTERN LIGHT
THE SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE MARSEILLE CONNECTIVITY AND CONTENT HUB AND SUBSEA CABLE SYSTEMS
CONSULTANT ADDRESS – DEEP DIVING INTO THE GEOGRAPHICAL CHALLENGES THE REGION POSES TO NEW SUBSEA CABLE ROUTES
UPGRADE OR RETIRE? – EXAMINING THE OPTIONS ON OFFER IN ENSURING COMMERCIAL OPTIMISATION
Transatlantic tipping point – exploring possible next steps for cables crossing the Atlantic approaching their retirement age
When does upgrading existing infrastructure offer the best utilisation of resource while protecting ROI?
Knowing when to cut and run – when does it make sense to not upgrade an existing system?
How is the ability to repair systems being impacted by new environmental regulation?
More routes or more fibre? – considering the most appropriate solution in relation to growing bandwidth demands when deciding whether to upgrade or retire
UNLOCKING THE INVESTMENT TREASURE CHEST IN SUBMARINE CABLES
What is attractive about the subsea cable industry to infrastructure funds?
How do infrastructure funds, who are looking to heavily invest in new projects, view the longevity of the current subsea cable boom?
How has the inflow of new investment from such funds aided the prosperous nature of the industry at present?
How can project owners overcome the typically long gestation period they endure when raising capital?
ROUNDTABLE 1: DEBATING THE MODEL SUBSEA CONTRACT – MOVING AWAY FROM A ONE SIZE FITS ALL LOGIC
To confirm your participation on one of the above discussions, please email Liss on firstname.lastname@example.org stating which roundtable or workshop you would like to join.
SETTING SAIL – HOW ARE TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES IN SUBSEA CABLE DESIGN PAVING THE WAY TO MEET BANDWIDTH DEMAND?
- How are the amount of operable fibre pairs per cable being propelled by technological developments?
- Software defined networks – how does SDN fit into an organisations long-term subsea strategy?
- What is the day-to-day, month-to-month, feasibility of SDN in relation to turning capacity up and down on networks?
- Optimising networks through artificial intelligence – an early stage update from those driving the research
- How will developments such as 5G allow us to use internet solutions beyond what we use today? How can we ensure that we drive design innovations in a sustainable way?
10:10am TRANSPONDER CHARACTERISTICS FOR NEXT GENERATION SUBSEA CABLE ARCHITECTURES
Geoff Bennett, Director of Solutions & Technology, INFINERA
10:20am THE ADAPTIVE NETWORK™–YOUR SUBMARINE NETWORK KNOWS BEST
Richard Norris, Director, System Engineering & Global Submarine Networks, CIENA
10:30am CONNECTING EUROPE FACILITY: CEF DIGITAL 2021-2027
Thomas Küpper, Scientific & Technical Policy Officer Broadband & Submarine Cables, EUROPEAN COMMISSION
Coffee & networking
Steve Dawe, Chairman, ESCA
CABLE UPDATES ON NEW SYSTEMS COMING INTO OPERATION IN 2019/2020
Get involved with Subsea EMEA 2020
From speaking and exhibiting, to just attending as a delegate or hosting a drinks reception, there are many exciting ways to get involved with Subsea EMEA 2020.Learn More