Mexico Connect 2018
19-20 June 2018 | Mexico Mexico City
HOW TO ACCELERATE AND ADVANCE DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION ACROSS MEXICO?
Mexico is the second largest economy in Latin America, with a population of over 127 million and a telecommunications market that continues to grow year-on-year; the Mexican wholesale telecom industry retains significant growth potential. The reform has boosted investment in digital infrastructure which will have an immediate impact on high-speed connectivity. These new developments, brought on by structural industry changes will radically transform Mexico’s digital landscape and advance transformation across the country.
This panel will examine growth opportunities, recent developments and strategies to stay relevant in the age of digital transformation.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE IMPACT OF THE REFORM AND RECENT REGULATORY DEVELOPMENTS: EVALUATING THE PROGRESS AND KEY MILESTONES
BUILDING BETTER NETWORK ACCESS AND INTERCONNECTION
EDGE VS CLOUD: IDENTIFYING KEY OPPORTUNITIES IN THE DATA CENTRE SPACE
- What is driving the growth of edge data centres and cloud computing across Mexico?
- What is the single most important factor boosting the data centre landscape across Mexico?
- How do edge data centre hubs stand out from traditional ones?
- How is cloud computing transforming the data centre landscape across Mexico?
- How are key players improving the quality of bandwidth web services in Mexico?
- Where are the future data hubs across Mexico?
ANALYSING THE IMPACT OF MEXICO'S 'RED COMPARTIDA'
CLOSING THE COVERAGE GAP IN MEXICO: ENABLING FIBRE OPTIC CONNECTIVITY
- What are the benefits of increasing investment on fibre deployments?
- What are the regulatory challenges?
- How can carriers and policymakers work to boost last-mile connectivity?
- How are last mile access routes shared in Mexico?
- How will Mexico’s ‘Red Troncal’ project shape the fibre landscape?
- How will the deployment of fibre in Mexico tackle the rural coverage gap?
SPEED LEARNING SESSION
• Meeting the growing demand for edge data centres across Mexico
• Enabling infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things (IoT)
• Assessing the satellite market in Mexico
MEXICO CONNECT WELCOME DRINKS RECEPTION
MEXICO’S WHOLESALE TELECOMS INDUSTRY OUTLOOK: MARKET TRENDS AND PREDICTIONS
A leading industry expert will share his perspective on the state of the Mexican wholesale telecoms industry, regulatory challenges, current growth opportunities and trends.
WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF OVER-THE-TOP (OTT) MARKET GROWTH IN MEXICO?
- How is the OTT demand shaping network infrastructure across the country?
- What are the big technical challenges that OTTs are encountering in Mexico?
- How can OTTs and ISPs work more collaboratively?
- How are new projects affecting quality of service for end users and prices for OTTs?
- What is the impact of localisation of content?
- How can ISPs benefit from OTT traffic growth?
- Where are the bottlenecks and where should carriers and ISPs concentrate their investment?
COFFEE AND NETWORKING BREAK
INVESTMENT IN TELECOM INFRASTRUCTURE: WHAT ARE THE KEY DRIVERS OF GROWTH?
This session will explore the key drivers of growth in the global telecom Infrastructure market.
SHIFTING FOCUS: THE RISE OF THE TELECOM ENTERPRISE SERVICES MARKET
- What are the key developments in the telecom enterprise services market so far in 2018?
- What are the most innovative services?
- What do enterprise customers want from operators?
- How can data centres and carriers tailor products and services to meet their enterprise customers’ needs?
- What are the factors influencing growth in the enterprise services market?
- How is digitisation influencing sector growth?
- How can data centres and carriers ensure they are providing continuity after critical infrastructure damage?
GLOBAL ENTERPRISE NETWORKS AND SD-WAN SERVICE
A TeleGeography presentation reviewing data trends in enterprise network footprints, connections to the cloud, and carrier SD-WAN service and their paths, pricing, traffic levels and how these trends affect the enterprise network.
SPEED LEARNING SESSION
• Key milestones achieved in the wholesale telecom sector since 2014
• Exploring latest telecom tenders in Mexico