Capacity Metro Connect USA: Agenda
Metro Connect USA 2020
10-12 February 2020 | United States Miami
TELCO PASS HOLDERS ONLY: Update from 2019: Are We Prepared for the Next Decade of Growth
The Trusted Advisor - The Hidden Gem in the Alternate Channel
High growth network, IT and cloud providers are generating 50-70% of their revenue through channel partners. Find out what’s working in the marketplace and why end-user businesses are turning to the channel Trusted Advisor. Join leaders in the telecom and IT alternate sales channel in this workshop that covers the unique value these companies bring to both the financial community and the indirect channel at large. Learn how their recurring revenue model skyrockets valuations and makes them a prime partner for private equity firms and other M&A players. Also gain a clear understanding of how Trusted Advisors jump start infrastructure and cloud sales in metro markets across the globe.
TELCO PASS HOLDERS ONLY: Deep Dive: Are We Maximizing on the Small Cell Opportunity?
- How are companies taking advantage of small cell and DAS, is it hype?
- How are we monetising this opportunity? What is the small cell financial model and why are we seeing such drastic differences in company uptake?
- Can we work with municipalities and tech companies to drive small cell deployment?
AFTERNOON COFFEE BREAK & NETWORKING
TELCO PASS HOLDERS ONLY: What Does CBRS Mean for Metro Fiber?
For the past couple of years, CBRS has been causing a stir in the industry. However, it wasn’t until earlier this year that we saw the first trials. In this deep-dive, we will examine what CBRE looks like, when (and if?) we can expect to see it rolled out in the near future and dissect whether this new band - rumoured to make wi-fi obsolete – is a friend or foe for the metro industry.
TELCO PASS HOLDERS ONLY: What's Next for Fiber? Where Do We Go From Here?
- How are content providers driving long haul fiber build out and how can we get involved?
- Federal projects – the First Responder Network (FirstNet)
- Greenfield projects– who are some of the new players that have come into the market and where are they building?
- What asset trends do we expect to see?
- What does the continued market convergence indicate for 2020 and beyond?
- At what scale are we building our networks and what scale are we going to need to be working to?
OPENING REMARKS & WELCOME ADDRESS
CEO PANEL DISCUSSION: THE METRO FIBER VISION FOR 2020
- What is does the current Metro Fiber landscape look like across the USA?
- How does this differ from other parts of the world?
- Have we sufficiently prepared for the network demands of 5G?
- What is driving densification of fiber in metro markets in 2019/2020?
- How far could fibre penetration go?
- Do B2B and B2C look at fiber densification differently?
- Are there differences in how we are deploying fiber for consumer vs. commercial customers?
- How are we collaborating together to achieve full connectivity?
- How are fibre providers adapting their infrastructure to facilitate future automation and innovation demands?
- How are we looking at not just the deployment of fiber, but the deployment of services on fiber?
- How can fibre providers become more agile in responding to margin pressures, new entrants and technological advance?
M&A UPDATE: WHAT DO 2019'S DEALS TELL US ABOUT WHAT TO EXPECT FOR 2020
- Are we in the final stages of consolidation?
- What are the opportunities still out there in light of this? If we can’t go bigger, where do we go?
- What can we learn from the biggest buyers and sellers of 2019? What does this say about the direction of the industry?
- What metro assets are “hot” right now? Do we expect this to continue?
- How has the increased investment of international infrastructure funds affected the market, how do we expect this to proceed?
THE NEXT ERA OF CONNECTIVITY - THE FINANCIAL LANDSCAPE
- What is driving financial investment and how has this differed in years prior?
- What are the assets that we’re seeing capital investment in? Is there anything unconventional that we may not have previously considered?
- What are the key trends for sellers in 2019 and do we expect to see this change?
- How are we going to measure the ROI of new opportunities such as 5G?
TELCO'S GREAT BALANCING ACT: STRATEGIC PLANNING WITH THE AVAILABLE WORKFORCE - SESSION HOSTED BY SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC
The telco industry has been going through an unprecedented transformation that is impacting every facet of the sector. From network architectures to revenue channels to service delivery – succeeding in this business requires a focus on the unique skillset of the workforce that will enable this change. The criticality of the diverse labor demands as we push to the edge is compounded by a growing labor shortage. This panel will address the challenges the industry is facing to balance new deployment models with unique labor requirements and available talent pool, including:
- Adapting strategic planning to fit new revenue models
- Integrating facility maintenance strategies to reduce on-site headcount TCO
- Recruiting top talent & maintaining a diverse workforce
KEYS TO SUCCESSFUL AUTOMATION
- Examining the opportunities offered by RPA & AI for the sector
- How can we ensure that we’re staying up to date and that our companies are ready?
- Which processes should we be seeking to automate first? Should we be looking to do this in-house or partner?
- What role do cloud, IoT & Edge play in all of this both internally and in terms of opportunity?
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION & THE METRO MARKET
BRINGING THE SMART CITY OPPORTUNITY BACK DOWN TO EARTH - HOW CAN THE LATEST TECH DEVELOPMENTS AFFECT INFRASTRUCTURE DEMANDS?
WHERE ARE WE AT WITH 5G, REALLY?
- How is the regulatory landscape affecting adoption?
- Do we have enough infrastructure in place?
- How has the strategy in parts of the world – Europe in particular, differed from the US approach?
- What can we learn from them?
- What is the timeline for full 5G deployment?
- Is anything holding it up? How do we overcome this?
- What do the next 3-5 years of deployment look like?
- How are we monetizing 5G? Are there any new opportunities we didn’t think of before deployment started?
- For Tower companies
- For Data Centers
- For Small Cell
- For Metro Fiber Operators/Providers