Capacity Metro Connect USA: Agenda
Metro Connect USA 2019
29-31 January 2019 | United States Miami
Agenda to be confirmed
REGISTRATION & NETWORKING BREAKFAST
PANEL DISCUSSION: CEO INTERVIEW: SHAPING THE NEXT STAGE OF EVOLUTION FOR THE COMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE COMMUNITY
- How are network providers adding more capabilities to their assets to work with a more extensive range of partners? Do network providers even need to diversify their asset portfolio to remain competitive?
- What prevalent technologies do network providers need to prepare for?
- How do businesses need to prepare for the next wave of capacity demand?
- What is the industry’s position on greenfield fiber builds vs replacement of long haul routes?
- Who is expanding their network organically?
COFFEE & NETWORKING
METRO MARKET 2019
PANEL DISCUSSION: M&A UPDATE: WHAT CAN BE LEARNT FROM 2018’S BIGGEST DEALS?
• What have been the biggest drivers for consolidation this year?
• Who are the biggest buyers and sellers? What are they offering?
• Where are we seeing buying and selling opportunities in non-conventional metro assets?
• How is the influx of infrastructure funds affecting the current market?
• What are the benefits for future growth with the class of money that is coming in?
• Why are they looking at communications infrastructure as a positive area for investment?
Planning for the future:
• With few sizeable companies left for consolidation, how do you identify the right businesses?
• What are the opportunities for vertical integration for metro fiber providers?
PANEL DISCUSSION: THE FINANCE PERSPECTIVE: UNDERSTANDING THE LANDSCAPE FOR FIBER INVESTMENT
LUNCH & NETWORKING
PANEL DISCUSSION: THE EDGE ECOSYSTEM: EXPLORING THE DIFFERENT ROLES IN DELIVERING THIS FINAL FRONTIER
• How do you define the edge? Is there such a thing as a ‘true edge’?
• Is the level of hype reflective of the reality?
• Which businesses are currently leading this technology?
Addressing operational challenges:
• What are the necessary factors that need to be considered when choosing a location for edge data center placement?
• How should you balance latency vs location?
• Where will we see the fastest growth in edge markets?
• What is the impact of SD-WAN and the edge?
• With the future of autonomous cars on the horizon, is the current infrastructure suitable for the network demands this technology will bring?
• How do you balance long-term reward and immediate investment?
EVENING DRINKS RECEPTION
AUTONOMOUS CARS: ARE WE READY?
PANEL DISCUSSION: THE CRITICAL ROLE OF INFRASTRUCTURE IN 5G DEPLOYMENT
• What is the necessary level of network densification needed for successful 5G deployment?
• What are the operational challenges that network providers are facing, when preparing for future fiber build outs?
• What are the wireless customers doing to support small cell and 5G deployment?
• What is the timeline for 5G deployment? What results are current 5G trials yielding?
• What are the most likely revenue models for 5G?
• How does the strategy in North America compare to other parts of the world?
COFFEE & NETWORKING
PANEL DISCUSSION: UNDERSTANDING THE KEY CONTRIBUTORS TO THE 5G FUTURE
• How have small cell businesses been diversifying their assets?
• How do network providers adequately prepare for small cell backhaul? How are small cells being deployed?
• As small cells move away from macro towers into office buildings, and offices become the new towers, what will be the future value of towers?
• Who is prioritising fiber to the tower?
• How are tower companies changing the way they are leasing tower space?
• What is the strategy for providing connectivity to towers? What is the effect of tower companies diversifying their assets into the metro fiber space?
• With the increased density of towers, how are network providers then addressing the necessary density in networks? How fast can they build fiber strands?