Capacity Metro Connect USA: Agenda
Metro Connect USA 2020
10-12 February 2020 | United States Miami
TELCO PASS HOLDERS ONLY: Update from 2019: Are We Prepared for the Next Decade of Growth
TELCO PASS HOLDERS ONLY: Deep Dive: Are We Maximizing on the Small Cell Opportunity?
- How are companies taking advantage of small cell and DAS, is it hype?
- How are we monetising this opportunity? What is the small cell financial model and why are we seeing such drastic differences in company uptake?
- Can we work with municipalities and tech companies to drive small cell deployment?
AFTERNOON COFFEE BREAK & NETWORKING
TELCO PASS HOLDERS ONLY: What Does CBRS Mean for Metro Fiber?
For the past couple of years, CBRS has been causing a stir in the industry. However, it wasn’t until earlier this year that we saw the first trials. In this deep-dive, we will examine what CBRE looks like, when (and if?) we can expect to see it rolled out in the near future and dissect whether this new band - rumoured to make wi-fi obsolete – is a friend or foe for the metro industry.
REGISTRATION & NETWORKING BREAKFAST
OPENING REMARKS & WELCOME ADDRESS
CEO PANEL DISCUSSION: THE METRO FIBER VISION FOR 2020
- What is does the current Metro Fiber landscape look like across the USA?
- How does this differ from other parts of the world?
- Have we sufficiently prepared for the network demands of 5G?
- What is driving densification of fiber in metro markets in 2019/2020?
- How far could fibre penetration go?
- Do B2B and B2C look at fiber densification differently?
- Are there differences in how we are deploying fiber for consumer vs. commercial customers?
- How are we collaborating together to achieve full connectivity?
- How are fibre providers adapting their infrastructure to facilitate future automation and innovation demands?
- How are we looking at not just the deployment of fiber, but the deployment of services on fiber?
- How can fibre providers become more agile in responding to margin pressures, new entrants and technological advance?
M&A UPDATE: WHAT DO 2019'S DEALS TELL US ABOUT WHAT TO EXPECT FOR 2020
- Are we in the final stages of consolidation?
- What are the opportunities still out there in light of this? If we can’t go bigger, where do we go?
- What can we learn from the biggest buyers and sellers of 2019? What does this say about the direction of the industry?
- What metro assets are “hot” right now? Do we expect this to continue?
- How has the increased investment of international infrastructure funds affected the market, how do we expect this to proceed?
THE NEXT ERA OF CONNECTIVITY - THE FINANCIAL LANDSCAPE
- What is driving financial investment and how has this differed in years prior?
- What are the assets that we’re seeing capital investment in? Is there anything unconventional that we may not have previously considered?
- What are the key trends for sellers in 2019 and do we expect to see this change?
- How are we going to measure the ROI of new opportunities such as 5G?
ARE WE FINALLY READY TO CAPITALIZE ON THE EDGE - SESSION HOSTED BY SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC
COFFEE BREAK & NETWORKING
KEYS TO SUCCESSFUL AUTOMATION
- Examining the opportunities offered by RPA & AI for the sector
- How can we ensure that we’re staying up to date and that our companies are ready?
- Which processes should we be seeking to automate first? Should we be looking to do this in-house or partner?
- What role do cloud, IoT & Edge play in all of this both internally and in terms of opportunity?
DEEP DIVE: FTTH
EVENING DRINKS RECEPTION
BREAKFAST & NETWORKING
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION & THE METRO MARKET
BRINGING THE SMART CITY OPPORTUNITY BACK DOWN TO EARTH - HOW CAN THE LATEST TECH DEVELOPMENTS AFFECT INFRASTRUCTURE DEMANDS?
PRESENTATION & PANEL DISCUSSION: NAVIGATING REGULATION & PROMOTING COLLABORATION
COFFEE BREAK & NETWORKING
WHERE ARE WE AT WITH 5G, REALLY?
- How is the regulatory landscape affecting adoption?
- Do we have enough infrastructure in place?
- How has the strategy in parts of the world – Europe in particular, differed from the US approach?
- What can we learn from them?
- What is the timeline for full 5G deployment?
- Is anything holding it up? How do we overcome this?
- What do the next 3-5 years of deployment look like?
- How are we monetizing 5G? Are there any new opportunities we didn’t think of before deployment started?
- For Tower companies
- For Data Centers
- For Small Cell
- For Metro Fiber Operators/Providers