Metro Connect Europe: Agenda
Metro Connect Europe 2019
17-18 September 2019 | Netherlands Amsterdam
CEO Interview: Setting a Vision for Metro Fibre
- Is full fibre and 5G achievable?
- How are companies investing in densifying metro fibre in cities?
- How are fibre providers adapting their infrastructure to facilitate future automation and innovation demands?
- How can fibre providers become more agile in responding to margin pressures, new entrants, technological advances and increasing regulatory burdens?
Coffee & Networking break
European Infrastructure Investment: How Mergers, Acquisitions and Finance are Transforming the Market
- Why is fibre investment so attractive to infrastructure investors?
- How is consolidation transforming the European fibre network?
- What impact will financing and transactions have on deal flow?
- How will regulation affect transactions?
- What deals can we expect?
- Where are infrastructure players seeing new opportunities?
- How is institutional investment driving the investment market?
- How is financing evolving in the sector?
- How does metro fibre investment compare with other asset classes? What are levels of returns?
Lunch & Networking
Fibre Roll-out, Regulation and Competition in the Netherlands
How Is Regulation Incentivising Investment in Fibre?
Coffee & Networking Break
The Impact and Opportunities of Edge Technology
• How do you define core IT and the Edge?
• How can edge technology meet the demands of users?
• What are the core infrastructure requirements for edge technology?
• How do you scale, consolidate and manage on-premises cloud and hosting of core IT and Internet of Edge?
• How are regulatory changes opening up the edge computing market facilitate spectrum sharing?
• What are business models for deploying emerging technologies?
Evening Drinks Reception
Fireside Chat: Data Deluge - How are Data Centres Adapting to Meet Demand?
• How is data demand fuelling the hyperscale of data centres?
• What are the investment drivers?
• What part do wireless networks play in the sector?
• Cloud managed services – how are they integrated?
• What is the outlook for the data centre market?
• Edge, hyperscaling and collocation – what are the key drivers for datacenters?
• What is a key driver for collaboration?
5G Deployment - Where Are We?
• Uniting communications infrastructure companies to ensure the successful rollout of 5G
• How will edge technology deliver 5G?
• What infrastructure will be required for autonomous cars?
• What is the demand for connectivity via small cells?
• Where are we on the current 5G deployment timeline?
• How will municipalities unleash the potential of 5G?
• How does the strategy in Europe compare with the U.S.?
• How are small cell and tower companies adapting for 5G deployment?
Coffee & Networking Break
New for 2019, we'd like your input on what topics you'd like covered and wish to discuss with your fellow delegates. To contribute, please fill out this quick survey here: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/MetroConnectRoundtables
Lunch & Networking Break
End of Metro Connect Europe 2019
Watch Europe’s growing data centres to see where metro fibre will flourish next, says Fritzsche
Jennifer Fritzsche of Wells Fargo thinks that the metro fibre market in Europe is behind the US, but growth in data centres is pushing it forward.
Read the article on Capacity Media