Century City Conference Centre and Hotel
No. 4 Energy Ln,
BCD M&E are the official accommodation partner for Digital Infra Africa 2020. You will need to book via BCD M&E for rooms at the Century City Conference Centre and Hotel and they also find the best available bedroom rates for hotels close to the venue to suit your requirements and display this by using the latest Hotel Map technology. To book your accommodation at the Century City Conference Centre and Hotel or nearby hotels, please click here.
Transport within Cape Town
The closest airport to the hotel is Cape Town International Airport which is around a 20 - 30 minute taxi ride from the venue. Please ensure you use a metered taxi which can be identified by the typical sign on the roof of the car, and by clearly stated information printed on the side of the vehicle stating the fare and the rights of the passengers. Typical prices per kilometer range from 12 - 15 Rand.
Uber is also available in Cape Town if you prefer not to use meter taxis.
Staying Healthy at our events
Capacity Media has been following developments regarding the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak and will continue to monitor and assess the evolving situation. Our participants’ wellbeing and safety is at the heart of all our events and our sympathy is extended to all concerned during these very unsettling times. We are therefore committed to providing you with the most appropriate support while travelling and attending our events. We will be updating this webpage as needed.
Travelling to our events
Countries are continuing to implement additional health screening measures at transport hubs, to contain the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak. While stringent restrictions apply primarily to passengers arriving from mainland China, many countries are expanding these measures to more travellers especially those from countries most-affected by COVID-19, especially mainland China, Hong Kong (SAR), Italy, Japan, Macao (SAR), Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan (China) and Thailand.
Health screening at airports
Most countries have introduced health screening measures at airports and/or other entry points to contain the outbreak. These include temperature checks prior to boarding planes and upon landing, stringent questions about itineraries, and medical declarations.
We advise attendees to check entry requirements for the countries where our events are held, especially if they have travelled from any of the countries most affected.
Please also allow additional time to complete check-in formalities and you may experience delays upon arrival.
Entry restrictions to South Africa
At the current time (2 March), South Africa has not imposed entry requirements on any travelers entering the country. Thermal / temperature screening may be used on flights coming from the Far East and Italy but no travel restrictions are in place at the current time.
Travelers coming from these countries that are screened and show symptoms of the virus will be subject to medical tests and potentially placed under quarantine.
Entry requirements to the event
We are compounding on the restrictions imposed by the immigration authorities of the respective countries and are implementing the following:
- No travellers from the Hubei province will be permitted access to the event
- All travellers who have been in Category 1 countries need to demonstrate proof they have been outside of the country for over 14 days evidenced by passport stamps or health certificates
- All travellers from Category 2 countries should only attend if they are feeling fit and healthy and showing no signs of symptoms
- All attendees will need to self-certify that they have not been in contact with anyone infected
To provide further assurance to our participants, we are requiring that all participants who have visited the restricted countries after the 12th of March 2020, should contact email@example.com to complete a short questionnaire about their travel over the period.Extra measures we are implementing for the event:
We have been working closely with the venues to ensure that the appropriate extra processes are in place for the event.
The following will be in operation:
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection around the hotel
- Extra sanitization of public spaces and high volumes areas especially touchpoints – e.g. handrails, door handles, lift buttons, countertops, touch screens
- Increased availability of hand sanitizers in common areas
- Training of Event Staff and Hotel Staff on preventative measures
- Increased medical support onsite
- Response plans for reported illnesses
We are also implementing the following onsite event protocols:
- Online campaign to all our participants about guidance and protocols at the event
- Additional signage onsite for reminders about the hygiene protocols
- All participants will adopt a “No-handshake” policy and be issued a “No-handshake” badge
- Exhibitors, Stands, and Meeting Rooms will be provided with guidelines and packs for maintaining hygiene standards
- Instituting an Event Policy of reasonable and sensible social distancing (1m/3 feet)
- Implementing a microphone disinfecting policy between Speakers
- Prompt medical assistance for attendees who feel ill during the event
These measures will also be communicated with our exhibitors onsite, suppliers and contractors. We urge all our participants to take caution and follow these guidelines as they are the best methods suggested against contamination from the virus.
For more information about precautionary actions, please read the WHO guidance.
Visa Support Letter
Capacity Media encourages all delegates to check their visa requirements for South Africa here
A visa support letter is a document stating that you wish to attend an event organised by Capacity Media. We are happy to provide registered attendees with a visa support letter to assist in the application process. To request a visa support letter, please forward your registration confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are required to secure payment before providing a visa support letter, as this is a legal document but will offer a 100% refund should your visa application be rejected.