Capacity North America: Agenda
Capacity North America 2018
05-06 September 2018 | United States Denver
THE EVOLUTION OF TELECOMS AND TECHNOLOGY IN THE AGE OF CONNECTED EVERYTHING
AI. Robotics. Blockchain. Quantum Computing. 5G. These and other technologies will continue to disrupt our world, powering applications like self-driving cars, precision medicine and smart cities. All of this innovation has a common denominator: it's enabled by communications infrastructure. Learn about the evolution of the fiber network and the advances that are making our connected world possible.
By 2025, 80% of enterprises will have shut down their traditional data center, versus 10% today, according to Gartner’s report, Prepare for the Death of the Data Center as We Know It. What does this mean for data center operators and network service providers? Enterprises need a cost-effective means to satisfy the ever-increasing demand for bandwidth and hyperconverged infrastructure, with access to direct cloud connections and a broad range of network providers. They also seek the ability to deploy dedicated network connectivity and infrastructure in a cloud-like manner in order to scale and support the workloads that are not cloud-ready. In this session Cyxtera will share how organizations are using colocation as their strategic interconnection and infrastructure hub to successfully transition from on-premise to hybrid IT.
COFFEE & NETWORKING
VIRTUALISATION AND THE NECESSITY OF INTEROPERABILITY
• What have been the key developments in carrier virtualisation in 2018?
• As carriers promote on-demand connectivity, how are they preparing for potential surges in capacity demand?
• How have carriers created SLAs to ensure interoperability? What are they?
• Can an on-demand service maintain the level of security needed in today’s environment?
ALWAYS STAYING CONNECTED: WHAT DOES THE IOT FUTURE MEAN FOR NETWORK CONNECTIVITY?
• Currently IoT has major implications for the mobile industry, but what will the impact be on the wholesale carrier network?
• As applications become more capacity intensive, how will carriers bring connectivity closer to the edge?
• What measures are carriers taking to reduce latency?
• Will carriers be playing a larger role in the IoT ecosystem than simply providing network connectivity?
• How can carriers minimise the usage of grey routes amongst IoT providers?
• Will carriers be able to leverage AI and machine learning services to improve the IoT experience?
IS THE CURRENT NUMBER OF IXPS IN NORTH AMERICA SUSTAINABLE, OR IS THERE SPACE FOR MORE?
OPEN CACHING: OVERCOMING THE CHALLENGES IN INTERNET-SOURCED CONTENT TRAFFIC
COFFEE & NETWORKING
CLOUD-CENTRIC NETWORKING: THE EVOLUTION OF CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE FOR THE WHOLESALE CARRIER
- Is there a way that carriers can leverage their network experience to deliver a high quality cloud offering?
- How are carriers preparing for immediate scalable capability and unpredictable future capacity consumption?
- With there often being a discrepancy between what enterprises want and what services are on offer, is there a way for the industry to understand and meet enterprise expectations?
- How are data centres becoming the cloud enablement hubs of the future?
- With businesses such as Microsoft increasing investment in edge computing, what will be the impact on current and future network projects?
DUE DILIGENCE FOR EVALUATING YOUR ORGANIZATION’S DATA CENTER ACQUISITIONS
Whether you are considering an expansion of existing facilities, consolidation of multiple data center sites, or an acquisition or divestiture of data center assets, this session will cover some of the key points you need to know to mitigate risk, identify the infrastructure and operational health of assets, management and operations, lifecycle considerations, and the overall resiliency of key data center assets.
HOW ARE HYPERSCALE NETWORKS CHANGING THE NORTH AMERICAN INTERCONNECT AND DATA CENTRE MARKET?
• Do data centres have the ability to match growing customer needs?
• How are data centres tackling challenges in inefficiencies caused by legacy networks?
• How are data centres incorporating AI into their data centres to improve cost? How can they improve transparency on their systems?
• Where are we seeing data centre growth internationally?
• Data centres are quickly becoming the place of core interconnection, but how are data centres improving their meetme room interconnectivity?
• With an increase in data centres locating to Montreal, is Canada the next major data centre hub?
UNDERSTANDING THE LANDSCAPE OF NORTH AMERICA’S COMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE BOOM
• What is the most prominent technology that we will see affecting the wholesale carrier community in North America?
• What are the key investment opportunities in North America?
• With submarine cables now plugging directly into data centres, how will this affect the terrestrial connectivity demands?
• How can carriers promote rural fiber expansion?
• As 5G and IoT further drives connectivity demand, how can carriers improve their process for planning and increase documentation? How can carriers digitise their network inventory?
• How are North American carriers servicing local access management?
COFFEE & NETWORKING
CYBERSECURITY: THE STEPS TO CREATING A FUTURE PROOF SECURITY STRATEGY
• What solutions are carriers creating to create a more secure cyber network? In what areas are carriers developing these solutions?
• How are carriers developing their security portfolio to be suitable for an international customer base?
• How are carriers tailoring additional security measures for the edge?
• What are the metrics being used to measure the effectiveness of security procedures? What are the common standards that carriers are working towards?
5G: UNDERSTANDING THE NEXT WAVE OF MOBILE CONNECTIVITY AND IT’S IMPACT ON THE CARRIER NETWORK
• What do carriers need to do to ensure a seamless mobile experience?
• How are carriers planning to improve bandwidth for 5G?
• Will all voice traffic transition to VoIP relieve capacity pressure from wireless networks? What other strategies are carriers exploring to relieve capacity demand on the network?
• How will networks manage the large amounts of capacity 5G will bring?
Flexential invites you to tour their service-rich Englewood data centre. Featuring a dedicated cloud node & a 100 Gbps network backbone – scalable to 400 Gbps with DDoS protection included – Englewood, CO is a high-density, fault tolerant & concurrently maintainable data center offering reliable & secure infrastructure solutions. Enjoy luxury transportation and cocktails.
END OF CAPACITY NORTH AMERICA 2018
Get Involved At Capacity North America 2018
From speaking and exhibiting to just attending as a delegate or hosting a drinks reception, there a many exciting ways to get involved in this year’s Capacity North America.