Capacity North Africa 2019
15-17 April 2019 | Egypt Cairo
REGISTRATION & NETWORKING BREAKFAST
THE MATURING AFRICAN MARKET – BOOSTING REGIONAL CONNECTIVITY TO POWER NORTH AFRICAN EXPANSION
- New terrestrial networks – how are the diverse routes and new technologies set to serve regional data demands?
- Cape to Cairo – how is the project building greater intra-African network connectivity?
- Who are the potential market entrants eyeing up the North African market?
- How have strong communication links and partnerships with Europe cultivated North Africa’s wholesale market and infrastructure development?
- Connecting with European hubs – how important is it to harbour relationships with Southern European landing points as the North African market continues to mature?
COFFEE & NETWORKING
UNLOCKING FUTURE GROWTH FOR REGIONAL CARRIER NEUTRAL DATA CENTRE FACILITIES
- What does one need to consider when building a new data centre?
- Historically, what factors have acted as a barrier to data centre development in North Africa?
- A healthy ecosystem for data centres – why is the regional market a good environment for investors?
- Understanding the driving forces behind the regions appetite for data centre growth
- Experiential learning – what can we learn of the North African data centre market from those with established facilities in the region?
- How might the growth in regional facilities equate to new-fangled investment from content providers?
HOW IS EGYPT LEVERAGING ITS GEOGRAPHICAL ADVANTAGES TO POSITION ITSELF AS A TRANSCONTINENTAL TELECOMS HUB?
- How has Egypt positioned itself as a strategically important communications transit route for African, European and the Middle Eastern markets?
- Friend and foe – an update from those who operate a network in Egypt on working with the competition and their future business strategy
- How is the country embracing new connectivity projects to meet the mounting bandwidth and low latency demands?
- Navigating regulator relationships – advice on establishing an effective dialogue with Government bodies
- What has Egypt achieved in positioning itself as a driving force in regional technological development?
COFFEE & NETWORKING
MEETING THE RISING-TIDE OF DATA DEMANDS WITH HIGH CAPACITY SUBSEA CABLE PROJECTS
- New cable offerings – exploring the diverse pathways and their cost saving attributes
- Which new cable systems set to offer the capacity required to meet exponential bandwidth demand?
- How are landlocked countries benefitting from the influx of new subsea infrastructures?
- Data centres vs. cable landing stations – exploring the options on offer in optimising new subsea systems
- The threat of attack – what measures can be implemented to protect systems from potential perpetrators?
PRESENTATIONS: CABLE UPDATES FROM NEW REGIONAL CABLES LAUNCHING IN 2019/2020
LAYING THE FOUNDATIONS TO FOSTER CONTENT PROVIDER INVESTMENT IN NORTH AFRICA
- How is the region opening up and becoming more transparent to content providers?
- What are the ambitions of the content providers considering establishing a presence in North Africa?
- Identifying key takeaways from successful international content driven cable builds
- What is the impact of forging closer relationships between content providers and carriers in North Africa?
COFFEE & NETWORKING
FIGHTING FRAUD THROUGH PROTECTIVE PARTNERSHIPS
- Getting to the root of the problem – what is fuelling fraudulent routes in the region?
- What can operators do to work in a collaborative way to mitigate grey routes?
- What has been accomplished so far in the way of minimising both fraudulent routes and greater network breaches?
- Encouraging a united front – what can be done to ensure the whole community is both accountable and responsible for alleviating illegal activity?
- Anti-fraud solutions – what platforms are on offer to safeguard those vulnerable to fraud?
THE END OF CAPACITY NORTH AFRICA 2019
Get involved with the event launch!
From speaking and exhibiting, to just attending as a delegate or hosting a drinks reception, there are many exciting ways to get involved in the launch of Capacity North Africa.Learn More