Capacity Middle East: Agenda
Capacity Middle East 2019
04-07 March 2019 | United Arab Emirates Dubai
OPENING OF SUBSEA MIDDLE EAST 2019 & NETWORKING BREAKFAST
HOW IS THE MIDDLE EAST CULTIVATING THE NEXT WAVE OF SUBSEA CABLES TO MEET MOUNTING CAPACITY DEMANDS?
- How are new terrestrial builds working in unison with subsea cable developments to build a more interconnected and cohesive network in the Middle East?
- Emerging hubs – who is going to win the battle for the next big regional landing hub?
- With vast organic traffic and the capital to support their ambitions, to what extend are cloud and content providers going to be setting the pace for new projects in the region?
- What do new subsea cable builds around the Middle East offer potential investors in regards to maximising return on revenue?
- What potential do new subsea systems offer in the way of serving greater interconnectivity to regionally landlocked countries such as Afghanistan?
- Private cables vs. Consortium cables – regionally, how do the two business models differ in the way they reach their intended economic objectives? Controversially, can it be argued that one model makes more economic sense than another?
COFFEE & NETWORKING
CABLE UPDATES ON NEW SYSTEMS COMING INTO OPERATION IN 2019/2020
ROCKING THE BOAT – HOW ARE DATA CENTRES RESHAPING THE TRADITIONAL SUBSEA CABLE TERMINATION PROCESS?
- How is the industry moving closer to the digital edge as we see the new phase of subsea cables terminating directly into data centres?
- What steps can data centres take to secure effective partnerships with those building the next generation of subsea systems around Africa and the Middle East?
- As we witness a boom in new projects, is there a light at the end of the tunnel for the traditional cable landing station?
- As content and cloud providers look to enter the regional subsea market, what is the likely impact of this on local data centre facilities?
PIONEERING TECHNOLOGIES – HOW ARE THEY BREAKING THE MOULD OF LEGACY SUBSEA INFRASTRUCTURE?
- What do recent industry accomplishments tell us about how AI can be used to upgrade a commercial subsea cable? Will machine learning have a role to play as these technological achievements develop?
- How is SDN allowing cable owners to maximise their systems connectivity?
- How can those investing in new technologies to upgrade their systems safeguard their expected return on revenue?
- As we approach Shannon’s limit of bits on an optical fibre, what does the future look like for cable capacity?
- What role has cloud computing and hyper-scale cloud driven cable builds had on the speed of new technologies entering the market?
COFFEE & NETWORKING
PRESENTATION: CONSULTANT ADDRESS - DEEP DIVING INTO THE GEOGRAPHICAL CHALLENGES THE REGION POSES TO NEW SUBSEA CABLE ROUTES
END OF SUBSEA MIDDLE EAST 2019
OPENING KEYNOTE PANEL: VISIONS FOR THE FUTURE AND THE PURSUIT OF DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
The Middle East digital agenda is piled high with plans for projects and new infrastructure. A panel of regional experts assess the most important technological innovations boosting the diversification and modernisation of telecoms in the Middle East. Further to this, they examine crucial strategies needed to implement industry-wide digital transformation
BALANCING SECURITY RISKS AND GROWTH IN AN EVER CHANGING DIGITAL ENVIRONMENT
The Middle East cybersecurity market is forecast to almost double its value between 2017 and 2022, from USD 11.38 Billion to USD 22.14 Billion in 2022 (Markets and Markets). According to a report by the ITW GLF, 85% of carriers cite fraud as a priority and 75% see it as a growing in importance. While the adoption of innovative technology is crucial to the longevity of telecoms, it is recognised that many of these technologies are associated with an increasing level of security risk. This session will discuss measures to secure defences without compromising future growth.
KEY PITFALLS AND CHALLENGES IN IMPLEMENTING AN SDN ECOSYSTEM
Creating a truly multi-layer SDN network is now seen as a necessary step in the road to a complete digital transformation, as this network will support innovate technology including 5g, IoT and the Cloud. However, disruptive technology brings challenges that can threaten their success if strategic processes are not in place. This session will discuss the key challenges and pitfalls of large-scale SDN rollout.
EXAMINING INDUSTRY COLLABORATION: AN UPDATE FROM THE ITW GLOBAL LEADERS’ FORUM
The executives from the GLF will provide updates and announce the latest developments on industry collaborative activities that include the fight against fraud, the commercial framework for bandwidth on demand, IoT, and how blockchain is being developed to create a fully automated settlement environment for the industry.
EXAMINING GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES AND MARKET DEVELOPMENTS ACROSS THE REGION
WOMEN IN TELCO: THE IMPORTANCE OF MAKING A CONSCIOUS CHANGE
Studies have demonstrated that a more diverse workplace leads to higher productivity, greater innovation and higher achievement. It is therefore not just a social issue, but an issue that is proven to affect the potential growth of the entire business. This panel will discuss the importance of encouraging women into telco, and strategies for doing this.
WHERE IS THERE LONG-TERM VALUE IN SD-WAN FOR THE CARRIER?
Times are exciting as SD-WAN is starting to evolve from a buzzword to a technology rolled out on global networks by end-users across various industries, and many carriers are hoping to expand their lucrative enterprise services. But are carriers ready for the post-hyper phase? Where will the long-term value really lie?
THE CAPACITY INNOVATION SERIES
The Capacity Innovation Series is an initiative to promote and share innovative achievements in the global telcoms market. Capacity Middle East 2019 will feature a series of presentations from innovators changing the wholesale landscape. To enter please email email@example.com and stipulate which overarching category you wish to be considered in: • Innovations in Technologies • Innovations in Start-Ups Entries will be reviewed by Capacity Media & a selected panel of judges.