Capacity Middle East: Agenda
Capacity Middle East 2019
04-07 March 2019 | United Arab Emirates Dubai
OPENING OF SUBSEA MIDDLE EAST 2019 & NETWORKING BREAKFAST
WELCOME ADDRESS FROM OMANTEL
HOW IS THE MIDDLE EAST CULTIVATING THE NEXT WAVE OF SUBSEA CABLES TO MEET MOUNTING CAPACITY DEMANDS?
- How are new terrestrial builds working in unison with subsea cable developments to build a more interconnected and cohesive network in the Middle East?
- Emerging hubs – who is going to win the battle for the next big regional landing hub?
- With vast organic traffic and the capital to support their ambitions, to what extend are cloud and content providers going to be setting the pace for new projects in the region?
- What do new subsea cable builds around the Middle East offer potential investors in regards to maximising return on revenue?
- What potential do new subsea systems offer in the way of serving greater interconnectivity to regionally landlocked countries such as Afghanistan?
- Private cables vs. Consortium cables – regionally, how do the two business models differ in the way they reach their intended economic objectives? Controversially, can it be argued that one model makes more economic sense than another?
COFFEE & NETWORKING
CABLE UPDATES ON NEW SYSTEMS COMING INTO OPERATION IN 2019/2020
ROCKING THE BOAT – HOW ARE DATA CENTRES RESHAPING THE TRADITIONAL SUBSEA CABLE TERMINATION PROCESS?
- How is the industry moving closer to the digital edge as we see the new phase of subsea cables terminating directly into data centres?
- What steps can data centres take to secure effective partnerships with those building the next generation of subsea systems around Africa and the Middle East?
- As we witness a boom in new projects, is there a light at the end of the tunnel for the traditional cable landing station?
- As content and cloud providers look to enter the regional subsea market, what is the likely impact of this on local data centre facilities?
PIONEERING TECHNOLOGIES – HOW ARE THEY BREAKING THE MOULD OF LEGACY SUBSEA INFRASTRUCTURE?
- What do recent industry accomplishments tell us about how AI can be used to upgrade a commercial subsea cable? Will machine learning have a role to play as these technological achievements develop?
- How is SDN allowing cable owners to maximise their systems connectivity?
- How can those investing in new technologies to upgrade their systems safeguard their expected return on revenue?
- As we approach Shannon’s limit of bits on an optical fibre, what does the future look like for cable capacity?
- What role has cloud computing and hyper-scale cloud driven cable builds had on the speed of new technologies entering the market?
COFFEE & NETWORKING
PRESENTATION: AN UPDATE FROM THE CLOUD CONTENT PROVIDER – UNDERSTANDING REGIONAL SUBSEA CABLE DEPLOYMENT AMBITIONS
PRESENTATION: CONSULTANT ADDRESS - DEEP DIVING INTO THE GEOGRAPHICAL CHALLENGES THE REGION POSES TO NEW SUBSEA CABLE ROUTES
A selection of presentations introducing the advancing technologies & solutions entering the submarine cable market
4:15pm BOOSTING CONNECTIVITY THROUGH BESPOKE SUBSEA CABLE INSTALLATION
4:30pm MAXIMISING NETWORK AVAILABILITY THROUGH SOFTWARE INTELLIGENCE
4:45pm UTILISING SUBSEA NETWORK UPGRADES TO INCREASE TRANSMISSION CAPACITY
SUBSEA MIDDLE EAST NETWORKING RECEPTION
This reception will take place in the foyer area to the Conference Room.
END OF SUBSEA MIDDLE EAST 2018
CAPACITY MIDDLE EAST 2018 WELCOME RECEPTION
This reception will take place in the Garden 2, Grand Hyatt, Dubai.