International IPX revenue worldwide forecast, 2011-2015
10 November 2012 |
Global international IPX revenues are expected to reach $991 million by the end of 2015, representing a CAGR of 56% from 2011 to 2015.
In 2011, IPX voice services generated an estimated 61% of the total, while data services accounted for the remaining 39%, according to HOT TELECOM.
The research firm predicts that the majority of growth will be driven by IPX data services.
By the end of the forecasted period, the voice/data IPX revenue ratio is expected to shift, when IPX data services are expected to account for 72% of the total revenue, while 28% is forecasted to be generated by voice services.
Asia generated the largest portion of total international IPX revenue, accounting for 46% of the world’s total. HOT TELECOM predicts this should remain the case over the forecast period between 2011 and 2015.
Europe is the second largest IPX region in terms of revenue with 23.5% of the total and North America follows in third position with 17%.
Latin America and MEA are by far the smallest markets, each generating less than 10% of the world’s total. The research firm, however, expects both regions to enjoy the highest revenue CAGR, above 80%, over the forecast period.
HOT TELECOM predicts that the IPX data market is, and will continue to be, dominated by the migration of GRX traffic (primarily GPRS and 3G roaming) onto IPX networks, as well as the emergence of LTE data roaming later in the forecast period.
The research firm believes that the migration of fixed data traffic onto IPX networks should be the second largest driver of IPX data revenue growth.
It is important to note that in HOT TELECOM’s evaluation, IPX voice revenue is net of termination rates, while IPX data revenue includes interconnection payments to be transferred to the end carrier.
27 April 2018 | Editorial
27 April 2018 | Alan Burkitt-Gray
09 March 2018 |
03 January 2018 | Editorial