OTN transport and switching market to hit $10.6 billion by 2015
01 March 2012 |
A report from Infonetics Research estimates that optical transport network (OTN) transport and switching equipment revenue will grow to $10.6 billion by 2015.
In 2011, transport equipment spending made up 92% of the overall OTN hardware market, with switching making up the remaining 8%. 40G and 100G roll outs are expected to catalyse the deployment of new technologies. OTN switching and transport hardware amounted to 45% of global optical equipment spending in the first half of 2011. They are expected to grow to 70% of the total by 2015.
“There has been a lot of discussion about the increasing use of OTN in carrier networks but, until now, little effort by the analyst community to quantify the size of the market,” said Andrew Schmitt, directing analyst for optical at Infonetics Research.
27 April 2018 | Editorial
27 April 2018 | Alan Burkitt-Gray
09 March 2018 |
03 January 2018 | Editorial