Pick of the Day: Capacity Asia 2014 day 3
11:40am Crystal A Ballroom, 3rd floor: The Indochina closing panel discussion – Where will the next boom be? Identifying the key business opportunities in the Indochina peninsula.
Myanmar and Cambodia are developing at a rapid rate. What opportunities are there for international players to ensure they are
part of the revolution?
• Key challenges with infrastructure roll-out in emerging markets
- regulatory and political challenges in building towers in the region
- managing the cost of building infrastructure
• What’s next: roaming, 4G, Wifi?
• Understanding the changing landscape in Cambodia
- what headway has been made on structural routes in the region?
- what cable routes are emerging to facilitate connectivity between emerging markets?
• Who are the key players in the market – fixed versus mobile?
- what foreign investment opportunities are there?
- addressing the issue of mobile services deployment in Vietnam as regulators revoke MVNO license
• Assessing the integration of content providers in the region
- who are the key players and which markets are they eyeing?
- working with global carriers to provide better network connections across emerging markets
• How are regional carriers managing the roll out of cloud and data services with limited infrastructure?
Brianna Boudreau, Research Analyst, TELEGEOGRAPHY
Chirawat Mahawat, Vice President, Greater Mekong Subregion West, HUTCHISON GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED (HGC)
Yasayuki Koide, COO, Carrier Relations, KDDI
Supoj Mahapan, Director, TRUE CORPORATION
Chan Mya Oo, Head of Business Development, YTP