Equinix completes ALOG acquisition

Equinix completes ALOG acquisition

Equinix has completed its acquisition of ALOG Data Centers of Brazil in a $225 million cash transaction.

The data centre provider acquired a 53% stake in ALOG in April 2011, and has now acquired the remaining 47%, which it will integrate into Equinix.

ALOG is a carrier-neutral data centre service provider in Brazil, serving approximately 1,500 customers across São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, and Equinix expects the acquisition to better its position in the Latin American market.

“ALOG’s strong position in Brazil and complementary business model provided Equinix the opportunity to establish a presence in an important emerging market and meet growing demand for data centre services in Latin America,” said Karl Strohmeyer, president of the Americas for Equinix.

“The ALOG team has done an outstanding job of leveraging the company’s strength in Brazil – specifically in cloud and mobility – and integrating it into Equinix’s global footprint to extend the world’s leading data centre platform into Brazil,” he added.

ALOG has four data centres in the region and the acquisition is also expected to allow Equinix to satisfy strong demand from its cloud, content network and financial services customers looking to establish a presence in the lucrative Brazilian market.

In September last year, Equinix revealed its second international business exchange (IBX) in Rio de Janeiro.